We're On - Two Opportunities to Cut During Covid!
Join us for the 2020 ACHA Fundraising Clinic
or enter up in the ACHA Virtual Flag Cutting!
Miss cutting? 🤩
Join the Alberta Cutting Horse Association for a Virtual Flag Cutting!
There's a jackpot, prizes, costume class, high-point trainer's barn challenge and proceeds benefit the Hans Hansma Youth Scholarship!
More details below!
- open to everyone
- entry fee for all classes is $25.00
- you can enter multiple classes (one entry/one person/one class)
- ACHA Members, if your membership is up to date your first entry is FREE
- pay your entry by e-transferring to
- submit your entry to
- When entering please specify if you ride with a certain training barn!!
- Trainer's Bridleless Challenge (Costumes encouraged)
- Costume Class (any horse/any rider)
- Non Pro
- 50,000 Amateur
- 2,000 Limit Rider
- Youth RANCH Class (can ride hand down, two handed or use their reins)
HOW TO ENTER:
- Email a 30 second video of yourself working the flag to , or text it directly to director, Louisa Murch White at 403-560-3904
- NCHA AAAA Judge, Cody Smith will be scoring all the runs and will provide a judges card.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight June 14, 2020
- The ACHA will announce the top 3 results from each class and post them Facebook. You can then vote for your favourite and crown a class champion from June 22-June 27.
- Winner's will be announced June 28!
THE GOOD STUFF:
- The virtual cutting is a jackpot to the top three
- Proceeds of the virtual cutting will benefit the Hans Hansma Youth Scholarship
- Each champion will receive a 4L Jug of EquiFlax Omega Oil generously sponsored by Energy Equine Veterinary Services
🥳TRAINER BARN CHALLENGE 🥳
- When you enter please specify if you are riding under the flag of a certain trainer or training barn. Depending on where you end up you will receive points towards your barn.
- The high-point training barn will receive a 20L Pail of EquiFlax Omega Oil AND a brand new cooler filled with beer and whiskey for the whole barn to enjoy together once we can get back to showing!
That's it! Don't over-complicate it! This is meant to be a fun and interactive way for us to get back to cutting while staying safe. Call your trainer up for a lesson and ask them to video you and submit your ride from there! Barns, we are encouraging you to have costume flag parties. Get your trainer, your hauling partner, your best friend, whomever, on board and go from there!
With all rules and regulations around covid-19 and the safety of our members in mind we are going to do things a little differently:
There will be three half-day sessions of 10 riders maximum with the same participants each day per session.
Please bring your own lunch, snacks and beverages.
No visitors or auditors are allowed on premise.
Riders are encouraged to wear masks, gloves, and bring their own ppe.
The venue will be diligent in sanitizing between participant groups and we ask each rider to be hyper aware of washing their hands and keeping distance between themselves and others.
Cost of the clinic is $595.00
Stabling - $50/night
Trailer or RV- $35/night
- ACHA memberships must be paid in full.
- AM session starts at 9 am, PM session starts at 2 PM.
- Session choice is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please let Shauna know your preference when registering. Riders who have already signed up for the clinic will get their preference first.
COVID-19 Update for June
To All Members,
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 crisis the Alberta Cutting Horse Association Board of Directors has committed to a month-by-month plan. As we all know, the situation is both unprecedented and ever-changing. As of now, all June ACHA shows have been cancelled, but we are hopefully optimistic that we may be able to host an event in July. Towards the end of June the Board will meet again to determine the status of our July shows.
The ACHA and our wonderful show producers are bound to the restrictions and regulations put in place by the Alberta government. We have spoken with Alberta Health Services about different options and avenues we could explore, however at this time Alberta is currently within Phase 2 of the relaunch strategy. Our shows fall under phase 3 which includes "Arts and culture festivals, concerts and sporting events." Timing of the phase 3 is still forthcoming.
So we will wait, and we will continue to be optimistic that there is cutting on the horizon, just unfortunately not in June. T
hat being said we still encourage all of you to get out there, and get cutting and enjoy your horses in whatever capacity you can. We have EXTENDED the virtual cutting date by one week. All entries are now due by Sunday, June 14. Don't miss out on this fun competition - all we need is a 20 second video clip of you working the flag! Entries are rolling in and we can't wait to see which barn and which riders come out on top!
We hope to see you all sooner than later,
The ACHA Board of Directors.